I’m on a healthy-ish treat streak as of late. Summer is meant to be enjoyed, but not unhealthy!
I often make avocado-cocoa “pudding” at night if I want something a little sweet put packed with nutrients.
Ben and I were invited to a dinner tonight and I decided to bring a nice vegan, raw pie (probably not the most exciting thing to bring to dinner party…) but I’m sure we’ll all enjoy it.
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 cups raw almonds soaked overnight (drained) or 2 cups walnuts
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
For the filling:
- Three large, ripe avocados
- 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup (or sweeten to taste)
(I admittedly didn’t have any on hand, so I used honey (which isn’t vegan…)
- Drain the almonds or walnuts, put all of the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulverize until the “dough” reaches a sticky, malleable consistency.
- Press the dough into a nine-inch pie pan.
- Clean your food processor and add all of the filling ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and homogenous.
- Add to pie crust.
- Apply cut strawberries to the top (if you’re neurotic like me).
- Freeze for about 45 minutes before serving (no more or it’ll be too hard to eat)